One of the advantages that having a leather bag can provide is being long-lasting, but since it is frequently used, it is completely normal for it to become dirty and require special care. Leather's durability does not mean that it can't be somewhat sensitive to water or sunlight, as these resources can discolor or even damage the skin. Buying a leather product can sometimes feel daunting due to its apparent delicacy, time-consuming, and complicated process of leather cleaning; but, in reality, taking care of your leather items can be the easiest thing to do.
Stop worrying, here we'll provide you with a leather protection guide that'll help you make sure your Lyndon products last a lifetime.
First of all,
How to take care of your leather bag?
This is one of the most asked questions. That is why we will explain step by step how to do it:
- First of all, don't forget to clean the inside of your product, empty all contents and wipe it gently with a damp cloth.
- Once the interior is done, the next step is cleaning the exterior with our Pumpkin Soap and our cleaning sponge. Remember to always do it in smooth-circular movements without applying too much pressure, and always being extra careful around the corners.
- We have to let the leather product dry as long as necessary. Never use blow dryers or dry them in direct sunlight.
- For heavily impregnated stains, you can add a little water to the sponge with the soap and this will create more foam to make it easier to clean.
However, just leather cleaning is not enough for it to last, we must know how to take care of it on a daily basis. That's why here are some tips that you can follow:
- It is recommended that the product, when not in use, be kept in a dust cover, to avoid contact with dirt.
- To avoid deformation, it is advisable to fill the bag with something for it to keep its shape, or simply use it regularly!
- Always store it in a dry place and protect it from sunlight.
- The leather of your bag may become dry, but that is not to worry, when this happens you should only rub the Pumpkin Soap, so you can moisturize it.
With these simple recommendations on leather bag care, any leather product may last you longer, so much that it will become your companion for life, even so, we must never forget that leather is a natural product. That is why, with its use and the passage of time, marks, imperfections, or color changes may appear due to natural wear and tear that will make your bag become even more unique and special.